Pages

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Drawing Leaves and Flowers Structure

Mimusops elengi is a medium-sized evergreen tree found in tropical forests in South Asia, Southeast Asia and northern Australia. This trees give thick shade and flowers emit fragrance. I plant this tree in front of my house.
And here are some sketches of its leaves and one tiny flower:



For the flower, I choose Hibiscus, because I can find it easily in the park next to my house. But the flowers couldn't stand for more than 3 minutes. It kept on bending down and down. So I put a paper stick to help it stand up longer, as it act as a strong stem for the flower haha...
I dissect one of the flower and take some photos of it as soon as I can, competing with the speed of the flower wilt process. The photos becomes my resource in adding the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment